Paid research for young adults with type 1 diabetes
Help us learn how to better support young adults with T1D!SweetGoals is a 6-month program developed by experts at Dartmouth College. It is based on innovative behavior change principles to help you focus on your diabetes and develop healthy habits!
You may be eligible if you:
- Are ages 19-25
- Have had type 1 diabetes for at least 18 months
- Have an A1c of 7.5% or higher
- Have access to internet at home
- Live in the continental U.S.
Take the Eligibility Survey now!
Click the link to answer some elgibility questions through the secure Trialfacts platform.
If eligible, you will be prompted to download the SweetGoals app on your phone, and you will use the app to continue the enrollment process.
A SweetGoals research staff member will also contact you directly.
Researchers at the Center for Technology and Behavioral Health at Dartmouth College have developed a 6-month program for young adults with Type 1 Diabetes using an app called SweetGoals. The SweetGoals app provides free personalized digital health coaching for diabetes self-management. Researchers hope to help young adults with type 1 diabetes improve their ability to meet their self-care goals.
- Participants will receive a new study app for type 1 diabetes management at no cost.
- SweetGoals will sync with the participants’ diabetes devices and help them set goals about glucose checking or CGM wear time, plus tracking their carbs.
- Every week, the digital coach will help participants gain insight into their current diabetes self-management, support reaching their goals, and provide relevant diabetes management resources.
- Participants may receive live health coaching and financial incentives for meeting daily and weekly program goals.
- Participants may experience improvements in their diabetes management and glycemic control.
- Participants will be contributing valuable information that may benefit those with type 1 diabetes among young adults in the future.
- Participants will be compensated up to $335 for participating in this study.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical research.
If you have any questions, contact the SweetGoals Research team!
Phone (call or text): (603) 646 – 5109
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
Any information collected in this study will be kept confidential. The study team will not use any identifying information in any presentation or paper written about this research study.
The CTBH team shares a goal of harnessing existing and emerging technologies to effectively develop and deliver evidence-based interventions. Made up of an interdisciplinary team of leaders in behavioral science and technology, the CTBH aims to draw on the dynamic synergy between innovation, rigorous evaluation, and strategic dissemination to lead transformations in delivery of evidence-based behavioral health care using technology.
This study is funded by the National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.